Hello all! My name is Callum Carroll-Ireton (he/him). I am 20 years old, and currently living in Victoria, BC.

I am taking this course as a step towards the competition of an education minor in my degree. I chose this course specifically out of the options available since the concepts of open learning and accessibility of information are interesting to me, and I look forward to learning about both them and related topics in this class. I am working towards the completion of a computer science degree, and I hope to go on to study library science in graduate school with the ultimate goal of working in digital archival.

Outside of class, I enjoy playing video games, particularly puzzle and coding games, as well as more casual games with friends. I have been building computers since I was about 13 as a way to earn a little money and I love electronic music, everything from nu disco and chillout to riddim and dnb.

In group work, I tend to work best when I am not in charge of coordinating the group. I do my best work when I am given or am able to select a chunk of the overall project and work solo until I am satisfied, then work collaboratively to polish it off. 

I look forward to getting to know my peers and deepening my understanding of learning as we progress through this course!